This is the time of year when we would normally be signing up members for the new season.
Due to the continuing Coronavirus restrictions, Lincoln Film Society Committee has decided not to open the next season membership list until we have sufficient information from The Venue on their timeframe for reopening and any local requirements to permit safe screenings.
We have drawn up a Plan A and Plan B which we are working on so that we can resume when it is safe to do so. We are, of course, dependent on The Venue. If by September we cannot have the assurance that The Venue will be open and we can organise screenings safely then we move from Plan A to Plan B.
- A half-season starting in January 2021 and ending in May 2021 showing the films already publicised (view them here)
- Membership recruitment to re-open after September 2020
- There will be no 2020-21 season and a new LFS season would start in September 2021.
- As a forerunner, we aim to run a short season in the summer of 2021 which would be free to current members.
- Preparations for 2021-22 would follow the same pattern as normal, with an announcement in May 2021 of membership fees and recruitment
Additionally, we are looking at running a variation of the recent ‘Lincoln Film Society Recommends’ for films to be watched at home
We are a long way from having the certainties required to have any more details on dates or pricing, but this is our working model for resumption.